We hope to release the card balancing changes soon. Our goal was to change a few cards in such a way that they are more fair to play against, while maintaining their core functionality. Together with some new cards that will be released, we hope to create a fresh new meta.
We may see some changes to early information that is shared here.
New ability (level 1): Deal 2 damage to 2 random enemies. (5 mana)
This card has by far received the most requests to be changed. The biggest issue of the card was that it dealt too much damage to the base when played on an empty board. But we wanted to keep the core of the card intact, which is random damage that could potentially hit the base. With this change, the max damage the card can do to the base is reduced and the chance can still be reduced by placing more units on the board.
Gift of the Wise
New ability (level 1): Gain 9 mana this turn. (7 mana)
Gift was especially powerful at higher levels, due to its card draw and having no mana cost. After the change, the card will have no more card draw and have base mana cost that prevents it from being playing in early turns. The benefit this spell provides will be increased, granting 2 extra mana at level 1.
New ability (level 1): On play, randomly play 1 spell card from your hand.
This card can be very powerful in certain combinations, and we feel this powerful move is too easy to do as the card only needs to be in the deck. Additionally, it doesn't encourage deck building as we hoped it would. We changed this card so it plays spells from your hand, to allow for more interesting strategies and deck building.
Queen of Herds
New ability (level 1): On play, randomly plays 1 Satyr from your deck on the board.
With the change of Archdruid, these 2 legendary heroes became very similar, which is something we would like to avoid. Also the Queen is one of the weaker heroes who doesn't enable zoo strategies as we hoped she would. With this change, we hope to make her stronger for zoo decks. And since Satyr are relatively cheap and supposed to fill the board, we feel this combination is more in line.
New ability (level 1): Give 2 strength to a friendly target and command all friendly units in its row forward. (5 mana)
We were happy with Hymn on level 1, but on higher levels this card became exponentially more powerful. After the update, it will only give a strength bonus to the targeted unit. This allows for better leveling steps and makes the placement of the spell a bit more important.
- Siegebreakers: Increased ability by 1
- Sharpfist Exiles: Ability only works on units, decreased strength at low levels
- Snowmasons: Area of ability restricted to surrounding
- Siren of the Seas: Set ability to 3 for all levels, increased strength at higher levels
- Fort of Ebonrock: Decreased strength by 1
- Emerald Towers: Decreased strength by 1
- Rimelings: Set ability to 3 for all levels, increased strength at higher levels
- The Hearth: Increased strength by 1, decreased ability by 1
- Forgotten Souls: Decreased strength by 1
- Mischiefs: Increased mana and strength by 1
- Siege Assembly: Increased mana and ability by 1
- Mech Workshop: Increased strength by 1
- Brood Sages: Increase mana, strength and ability by 1
- High Priestess Klaxi: Increased ability by 1
- Venomfall Spire: Removed damage, will hit 2 enemies at higher levels