We're satisfied with how the latest balance changes have affected the meta. There is now a lot more variety in the top decks and kingdoms. But there are still some trends that we would like to address and fix with the upcoming set of balance changes planned for early August.
The dragon cards can be very strong and prominent, especially when playing at lower levels. We notice that a large portion of the decks contain a "dragon bundle" - and core to each of these bundles are the Spare Dragonlings and Dangerous Suitors.
Especially Shadowfen decks tend towards using these dragon bundles, partly because they got such strong dragons in their kingdom. Wandering Wyrms in particular is overperforming and will also receive a nerf.
- Spare Dragonlings: decreased ability at lower levels (will start with giving 2 strength at level 1, remains with giving 8 at level 5)
- Dangerous Suitors: decreased strength at lower levels (will start at 1 strength at level 1, remains at 6 strength at level 5)
- Wandering Wyrms: set strength to 3 and adjusted ability at all levels (will start by dealing 2 damage at level 1, ending with 8 damage at level 5)
High level cards
All other changes are buffs to cards, especially to make them more viable at higher levels.
- Avian Stalkers: decreased strength and increased ability at higher levels
- Pan Heralds: increased ability at higher levels by 1
- Debug Loggers: increased ability at higher levels by 1
- Mech Workshop: increased strength at higher levels by 1
- Upgrade Point: increased ability at higher levels by 1
- Copperskin Rangers: increased ability and decreased strength at higher levels by 1
- Venomfall Spire: increased ability at higher levels by 1
- Lucky Charmers: decreased strength and increased ability by 1
- Fleshmenders: increased strength by 1
- Dreadfauns: increased strength by 1
- Fortification Tonic: increased strength given by 1
Bonus: Popular Decks
For those who are looking for a new deck, these are a few popular decks that are being played at the moment.
- Winter: Icicle Burst, Frosthexers, Gifted Recruits, Midwinter Chaos, Execution, The Hearth, Wisp Cloud, Frozen Core, Lady Rime, Rimelings, Rockworkers, Moment's Peace
- Swarm: Green Prototypes, Lawless Herd, Northsea Dog, Restless Goats, Doppelbocks, Gifted Recruits, First Mutineer, Forgotten Souls, Potion of Growth, Swarmcallers, Herald's Hymn, Vindicators
- Ironclad: Destructobots, Northsea Dog, Doctor Mia, Ozone Purifiers, Finite Loopers, Linked Golems, Emerald Towers, Flaming Stream, Mech Workshop, Overchargers, Heroic Soldiers, Windmakers
- Shadowfen: Venomfall Spire, Execution, Marked as Prey, Curse of Strings, Brothers in Arms, Victors of the Melee, Crimson Sentry, Amberhides, Blood Ministers, Copperskin Rangers, Soulcrushers, Harvesters of Souls